The 11th Summer School on Medicines (SSM11) will be held in Montreal, Canada from June 8 – 15, 2019.
The curriculum of SSM11 covers the whole process of drug R&D, from target to market. Participants will take part in interactive classes, case studies, a visit to a translational medicine research center and a full-day opportunity to network with experts from pharmaceutical companies in the Montreal area, one of the most active regions in North America.
Discovering a new drug is a complex process that involves a wide range of highly specialized professionals in public institutions and industry, from biologists and chemists to clinicians, economists and regulatory affairs specialists. Since 2009, the Summer School of Medicines has become a benchmark for training in this area.
SSM11 offers a unique 50-hour training program on drug discovery, development and market access under a multicultural sponsorship in the wonderful setting of Montreal, Quebec.
Make plans now for one full week of lively presentations and direct interactions with the Faculty, including Case Studies and Workshops with Industry, covering the whole value chain of medicines, from “idea to market”. The Faculty members are leaders in their field and contribute to create one of the most innovative and focused programs in drug discovery and development currently offered.
Each year since 2009, the SSM has involved more than 60 students, professors and research companies, bringing the opportunity to learn about drug discovery process in a multicultural context (the participants come from Canada, France, Spain, Brazil and other countries).
SSM11 – Scientific & Organizing Committee
Chair: Denis deBlois
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Montreal, Canada
- Michel Bouvier (Institute of Research in Immunology and Cancer, University of Montreal, Canada
- Pierre Cordelier (INSERM 1037, Cancer Research Centre of Toulouse, Toulouse, France)
- Rémy Poupot (Paul Sabatier University, Toulouse, France)
- Marçal Pastor-Anglada, Director of the Institute of Biomedicine, University of Barcelona (IBUB)
- Santi Vázquez, Faculty of Pharmacy and Food Sciences, University of Barcelona
- Jordi Quintana (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)
- Claudio M. Costa-Neto (Ribeirão Preto School of Medicine -University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirão Preto, SP)
Local Organizing Committee:
- Michelle Savoie (Université de Montréal)
- Gregory de Crescenzo (École Polytechnique, Montréal)
- Jean-Pierre Moreau (Continuum Research, Montreal)
- Steven Klein (IRICoR, Montreal)
- Joanne Wayland (GRUM, Montreal)
- Christiane Poirier (Université de Montréal)